Start date: 5th January 2022
We have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Management Accountant to join our rapidly growing business and take full control of the finance department. This person will report to the directors and take responsibility for all financial matters. Based on the company’s growth plans there is a real opportunity for the individual to quickly progress to Finance Manager/Financial Controller and build a team around them as the company expands.
- Produce the monthly management pack including management accounts, budget analysis, cash flow forecasts and other such KPIs required by management. To be presented to the managing director on a monthly basis.
- Challenge and seek opportunities for cost savings e.g. through regular supplier review and rate negotiations.
- Develop systems and processes that provide management with insight on sales against forecasts, margin analysis and the various service line sales/margins.
- Setup and monitoring of budgets and office spending. Liaising with other departments to complete financial assessments of new tools/software and approval of outsourcing requirements.
- Management of the record and bookkeeping keeping systems (Xero & Receipt Bank) and completion of quarterly VAT returns and ensure VAT processes are robust and kept up to date with latest rules.
- Track and process monthly commission statements for the sales and client services team by the 15th of every month.
- Take responsibility for the company payroll process, including staff expenses, gathering of information (commissions, new starters etc) and liaising with external payroll provider to ensure accurate and timely delivery.
- Management of sales and purchase ledger including development of a robust credit control procedure, managing GoCardless collections and setting up supplier payment runs.
Minimum of 4 years experience in finance roles
Strong commercial awareness to provide value and identify opportunities and risks
Preparation of management accounts, budgeting and cash flow forecasting
High level of attention to detail
Being proactive, self-motivated and ambitious
Ability to develop professional relationships both internally and externally
Confident decision making
Manchester City Centre